Monday 14 June 2010

Hey, 'Girl'

Such delicious weather

Big angry grey sky with purple and yellow smudges that look like bruises, some fat drops of rain, and wind that shakes the trees outside my window like they're enjoying it - I think they should, anyway; some variety in their lives! (the gnarled trees and little hill in my garden are unusual, I think... letting you pretend you're not in suburbia... )

Today I had a staring contest with a photo of Wittgenstein; I think we bonded. I could see him on long blustery, brooding walks with his brown tweed jacket flapping around his sides, having rampant love affairs with beautiful women, hurling a chalky eraser at some jumped-up Oxford twat, and in the moment of realisation that this, his human existence, was the truth he could speak of.

Today I pretended to be an 'American'.
Lola: "Hey guurl, ya wanna dance?"
"Hey boy, awesome denim jacket you have there, and gee I'd just love to dance!"
So we danced to the Drums (in keeping with the fantasy), and Frightened Rabbit (not.), and I was duly informed that Luke Skywalker the American will "do magic tricks, fly the spaceship and have picnics with you, my girlfriend, my beayoodee"

Sounds perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment