Thursday 20 May 2010

This marks the place where:

There used to be a post that made Chess think I had 'done it' with mr. franklin... as if I could hve kept that to myself for this long?!

AND; a really horrible poem that I wrote at the tender age of 15... I blame you, Chris Stone.

Studland Golf Course - April 2008

Car grinds… no, purrs, to a halt
And I am dreaming of a place more than this
More than here.

But you take my hand and we amble down
To where the dying red-orange sunlight
- Like God’s last fiery breath on this marked day -
Swamps the fields and coastlines
That are our temporary kingdom.

You, and this, and all of it -
It maybe stops me in time, for a second or two,
Holds my heat beat hostage, for a instant.

So in this moment we leave our legacy,
“Here is enough”
In the sharp edged blades of grass and the whisper of the wind,
The relentless silhouette of grimy concrete industry
Far in the distance.

Yes.
Here i embedded a piece of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment